Call For Artists
Its A Wrap!
Call for Artists
The Town of Yarmouth invites Yarmouth residents of all ages and levels of talent to submit electronic proposals for a juried Yarmouth Public Art-Works project.
The Town of Yarmouth Revenue Team has been working diligently towards creating new revenue sources through town promotional programs and proposing options for those funds to be put towards town beautification programs on town property. After conducting a town wide survey to evaluate how the community values the possibility of incorporating public art onto public property an overwhelming 98% of the 174 survey submissions stated public art can better define and enhance the community. With those results the Revenue Team is proposing the first Yarmouth Public Art-Works program called the It’s a Wrap Project where original artwork inspired by the 375th Anniversary logo is submitted by Yarmouth residents of all ages, and evaluated by a team composed of a member of the Revenue Team, a staff member from the Cultural Center of Cape Cod and a member of the Board of Selectmen. The top 8 submissions will have their art work transferred to a 3M vinyl wrap which will cover each of the 8 town owned traffic signal boxes throughout the Town. The results of the program will create an “ugly duckling into a swan” visual impact and promote the 375th anniversary of the incorporation of the Town of Yarmouth.
- Proposals are required to use the 375th anniversary logo within the finished work. Please email contact listed below to obtain digital copy of logo.
- Logo may be altered to artist’s interpretation however artwork should retain the elements of the logo and the importance of the historic anniversary.
- Artwork must be original and may not include any trademarks, brands, images of illegal activity, advertise or promote a private entity (corporation, neighborhood businesses or other community organizations)
- No entry fee required however artist MUST be a Yarmouth resident and one entry in JPEG high resolution format per artist.
- A submission may be collaboration between multiple artists.
- A maximum of one (1) artwork may be submitted by a school.
- Artwork must be titled and a ½ page summary may be included.
- An artist(s) resume (no more than one page) should be included with submission.
- Artwork must be submitted through email or DropBox to and will be accepted until midnight on May 30th, 2014.
A maximum of eight (8) traffic signal control boxes have been selected for this public art project.
- Station Ave/Old Town House
- Station Ave/Whites Path
- Old Town House/Forest Road
- Forest Road/Winslow Gray
- Forest Road/Long Pond
- Buck Island/West Yarmouth
- Buck Island/Higgins Crowell
- Willow Street/Higgins Crowell
- Selections will be made by Selection Committee members Tracy Post, Elizabeth Hartsgrove and Lauren Wolk.
- Applications will be evaluated on the basis of artistic and technical merit as well as the relevance of the proposed design with the incorporation of the logo and historic value towards the anniversary.
- Artist(s) will release all rights of ownership of the submitted works to the Town of Yarmouth.
- The Committee reserves the right to reject any and all entries at any time in the review and selection process.
- The Selection Committee will determine the final locations for selected works and will notify winners.
- Selected works will remain at said location until a next phase of the It’s a Wrap Project has been solicited for submission or if Town chooses to remove wrapping.
- Submissions and selected works are considered donations to the Town of Yarmouth and no monies will be awarded to winners of this Public Art project.
- The Town of Yarmouth will promote each winner on the Town’s website and social media sites, including links, if applicable, to artist’s website or contact information.