Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Starting July 1st, 2021 Yarmouth Waste Management team began accepting Food Waste for Compost in the Recycle Area.
Here are a list of the acceptable items:
Yarmouth Waste Management is partnering with Black Earth Compost below is the current of the items that will be accepted in the Black Earth Compost Bin
• COFFEE GROUNDS & FILTERS
• BPI OR CMA CERTIFIED COFFEE PODS*
• NONSYNTHETIC TEA BAGS (okay to include staple)
• EGGS & EGGSHELLS
• MEAT & SEAFOOD
Including: bones, shells, & raw, please note that LOBSTER SHELLS make the compost rich
• FRUITS & VEGGIES
Including: stems, skins, pits, seeds, corn cobs, fruit (from trees) (stickers removed)
Including: cheese, yogurt, etc.
• NUTS AND COCONUT SHELLS
• COOKING OIL & GREASE (leave in an aluminum can w/lid on if liquid, scrape into bin if solidified)
• WINE CORKS (cork, not plastic!)
• PET FOOD
• HAIR, FUR, FEATHERS (human & animal)