- Water Resources
Water Resources Advisory Committee
Welcome to the homepage of Yarmouth's Water Resources Advisory Committee. This webpage serves as the hub for the Town of Yarmouth's wastewater planning efforts. Please click on the sidebars on the left of the page for more specific information for the Yarmouth wastewater project.
Upcoming WRAC Public Outreach Meetings
Monday, September 19th at 5pm
- Hosted at the Cape and Islands Realtor’s Association
22 Mid Tech Drive
West Yarmouth, MA 02673
- This meeting will focus on the Lewis Bay watershed
Monday, October 17th at 5pm
- Hosted at the Cultural Center of Cape Cod
307 Old Main Street
South Yarmouth, MA 02664
- This meeting will focus on the Bass River watershed
Monday, November 21st at 5pm
- Hosted at the Yarmouth Senior Center
528 Forest Road
West Yarmouth, MA 02673
- This meeting will focus on the Parkers River watershed
Monday, December 19th at 5pm
- Hosted at Yarmouth Fire Station #2
340 Route 6a
Yarmouth Port, MA 02675
The general purpose of the Water Resources Advisory Committee is to investigate ways to involve and educate the community on issues relating to water resource initiatives in Yarmouth, including water supply, surface water, groundwater, stormwater and wastewater, with the goal of protecting and restoring the Town's fresh and salt water bodies and its drinking water supplies. Specifically, the Committee is charged with:
- At the request of the Board of Selectmen, conduct public workshops, presentations, and other public-information sessions for residents and businesses about Yarmouth water resource initiatives, and provide the Board of Selectmen with citizen feedback.
- Upon receipt of financial plan(s) for water resource initiatives supported by a majority of the Board of Selectmen, will inform the public and provide the Board of Selectmen with citizen feedback.
- Meeting, as necessary, with any multiple member boards to effectuate its purpose.
- At the direction of the Board of Selectmen, focus on specific areas of implementation or other related wastewater, groundwater, surface water and drinking water matters.
Curt SearsChairman, at large.
Mary CraigBoard of Health
Joanne CrowleyPlanning Board
John DelisoLewis Bay Area
Tom DurkinConservation Commission
Spyro MitrokostasAt large.
George PerkinsParkers River Area
Tom RocheBass River Watershed
Lee RowleyNorthside Area