To the community: From the South Yarmouth Library Association
I hope that this message finds you and your family safe and well. As you probably know, Yarmouth public buildings are closed to the public for the near future due to concerns over the spread of COVID-19. In the spirit of following social distancing and stay-at-home guidelines, we find it necessary to cancel our Sunday Author Series presentations scheduled for April 19 and May 17, and will be monitoring the need to cancel summer presentations as well. There is the hope that we will be able to reschedule some during the fall months.
Thank you for your support of all of the programs that we fund and that the library staff plans with you and your interests in mind. Please be patient with all that is being asked of us to slow and stop the spread of this virus. Think positive – the forsythia is starting to show and the daffodils are blooming. No more beautiful place to be than Cape Cod.
Take care and stay well.
Linda Callahan, for the Board of the South Yarmouth Library Association.
We want to ensure that all of our staff and patrons remain healthy and apologize for any inconvenience. We offer these answers for many commonly asked questions.
- All scheduled programs are canceled until further notice.
- Most libraries on the Cape and around the state are now closed.
- Those of you who have reserved materials waiting for you at the library will be able to pick them up as soon as we re-open. We will hold them for you until that time.
- There will be no delivery of materials between libraries until further notice. Therefore, if you reserved materials and are waiting for them to arrive, you don't need to worry that they will arrive while we are closed. Delivery will resume as soon as our vendors feel it is safe to do so.
- The Commonwealth Catalog (ComCat) will not be accepting reserves or filling holds until further notice.