What is the “Phase II Stormwater Program” that has been mentioned at public meetings?
In 2003, the EPA promulgated the so-called “Phase II Stormwater Regulations” under the National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES). The Engineering Division prepared and filed a Notice of Intent (NOI) in order to meet these new EPA regulations. Yarmouth’s Phase II Stormwater Management Program outlines how the town proposes to address the following six (6) Minimum Control Measures through the use of Best Management Practices (BMPs) over the next five (5) years: 1. Public Education and Outreach on Stormwater Impacts; 2. Public Participation and Involvement; 3. Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination; 4. Construction Site Stormwater Runoff Control; 5. Post Construction Stormwater Management in New Development/Redevelopment, and 6. Pollution Prevention/Good Housekeeping for Municipal Operations.
Should you wish to become actively involved in the Yarmouth’s Phase II Stormwater Management Program, please contact the Engineering Division at 508-398-2231 x250 for additional information. See Engineering Quicklinks for other helpful websites (EPA Stormwater Program, Mass DEP Stormwater Info, Cape Cod Groundwater Guardian Team).

Show All Answers

1. How do I determine within what Flood Zone my property is located?
2. Where do I call to report a road drainage problem?
3. How do I get an existing sign replaced/repaired or request a new sign?
4. How do I request work on a Private road?
5. Who do I contact to report a road problem on Routes 6, 6A or 28?
6. How do I obtain a Road Opening Permit on a Town road?
7. Why does the Town seal many residential streets with stone chips rather that with black asphalt?
8. What is the “Phase II Stormwater Program” that has been mentioned at public meetings?
9. What are those black lines in the road?