The Community Preservation Committee consists of nine voting members. The Committee studies the needs, possibilities and resources of the Town regarding community preservation. The committee makes recommendations to Town Meetings for the following:
- Creation, preservation, and support of community housing.
- Acquisition, preservation, rehabilitation, and restoration of historic resources.
- Acquisition, creation, preservation, rehabilitation, and restoration of open space.
- Acquisition, creation, and preservation of land for recreational use.
- Rehabilitation or restoration of community housing, open space, and land for recreational use that is acquired or created with CPA funds.
The Community Preservation Committee meets at 3:00 pm on the second and fourth Wednesday of each month at Town Hall and other times as needed.