Road Opening Permits

Excavations within Town road layouts require permits that are issued through the Engineering Division.

To submit a Road Opening Permit form, click here.

OpenGov permits and licenses application logo.

As required by State Law, your excavation may also need a Trench Permit. Please contact the Building Department to determine if a trench permit is needed for your excavation.

Any area within the town layout (right of way) that is dug requires a permit from the Town. As always, DIG-SAFE and the Water Division should also be contacted to assure a safe work site.