What uses are allowed on my property?

Planning staff will review the zoning map and the Zoning Bylaw's Use Code with you to give you some idea of the possibilities. There is also a zoning map located on the wall outside the Planning office and on this website (see the link, above). Printed copies of the bylaw and map are available for purchase at the Permits counter. While we will to review applicable codes with you, please note that the Building Commissioner, as the Zoning Enforcement Officer, is the definitive zoning authority.

Show All Answers

1. How is land developed?
2. What is the difference between a subdivision and an Approval Not Required (ANR) plan?
3. Is my property in a floodplain?
4. What uses are allowed on my property?
5. Is my lot buildable?
6. Is my lot grandfathered?
7. Can I subdivide my lot to create another lot?
8. How much will it cost to ....?
9. Where can I get a copy of the Planning Board's Rules & Regulations Governing the Subdivision of Land , the Zoning Bylaw, or the Zoning Map?
10. Do you have a plot plan for my property?
11. Can you recommend a lawyer/surveyor?
12. When does the Planning Board meet?
13. How do I get an appointment to meet with the Planning Board to discuss a planning issue?
14. Who do I call with questions?